Boots for women (and men) have been around for centuries. Women first wore them for practical uses, such as horseback riding and driving in cars. As fashion moved forward, so did boots. Boots came in a range of colors and styles depending on the outfit, including rain, wedge, ankle, hiking, heeled, and cowboy. New designs were created by Gucci, Fendi, Prada, and more. Today, boots are worn year-round, from sheer to wide-calf. However, snakeskin and croc boots will never go out of style. Let’s see what’s in store for boot lovers this fall.
- Square-toed Boots — A throwback to the ‘90s, these boots are a bit more practical (and easy on the feet) than almond-shaped boots. They pair well with boot-cut jeans and long skirts.
- Tall & Slouchy — These boots have a slouchy shaft creating a “volume” effect. Whether you go for a bright color or the classic black, these boots will turn heads. They go great with skinny jeans and midi-skirts.
- Combat Boots — The boots your mom wore back in the day are back. They are chunky with a lug-sole giving them a masculine look. To “combat” this, pair them with a girly dress.
- Colorful Boots — Colder months do not have to mean cold colors, such as gray, black and brown. Aside from the designs, colors are making a statement. Look for shades of white, red, blue and green this fall.
- Sculptured Heels — The heel deserves as much attention as the rest of the boot. This season, we will see a wide range of heels from the narrow of a stiletto to the angle of a block heel — and in many colors too.
- Western Boots — Cowboy boots are classic. This season, they have been given a new aesthetic while keeping their sleek silhouettes. New colors, embroidery, prints, and lengths make for easy pairing.
- Buckles — Boots are getting some new hardware — as in bold buckles. Whether at the toe or around the ankle, buckles give boots a signature look. The size of the buckle gives the boot a delicate or chunky look.
- Victorian Boots — The Victorians boots are back but with a new flare. These skinny, lace-up boots are sleek (and not granny-ish) in new textures and patterns. They are perfect for mid-calf dresses and long skirts.
- Florals — Flower power is back! Boots of all lengths will get the floral treatment from subtle to bold designs, such as the pearl “flowers” on the Allegra James Rose bootie and the Oscar De La Renta floral brocade bootie.